IP Alias, IPFWADM and IPPORTFW Help Needed!!

IP Alias, IPFWADM and IPPORTFW Help Needed!!

Post by Ken McCor » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Trying to set up a firewall with several IP Aliased addresses.  Addresses
are as follows:

eth0      IP address a.b.c.20 for ethernet card connected to Internet.  Used
            as masq'ed interface to internet
eth0:0    IP address a.b.c.21 to be used to redirect to internal web server
            192.168.1.x
eth0:1    IP address a.b.c.22 to be used to redirect to internal mail server
            192.168.1.y
eth0:2    IP address a.b.c.23 to be used to redirect to internal mail server
            192.168.2.z

I've been able to set up the rules for the eth0 interface and firewall.  I'm
running into trouble getting the aliased interfaces to forward packets to
the respective internal IP addresses.  I've tried IPPORTFW, but I'm still
running into trouble.  Can someone help me out???

Thanks,

Ken McCord

IP Alias, IPFWADM and IPPORTFW Help Needed!!

Post by Greg Wee » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Trying to set up a firewall with several IP Aliased addresses.  Addresses
> are as follows:

> eth0      IP address a.b.c.20 for ethernet card connected to Internet.  Used
>             as masq'ed interface to internet
> eth0:0    IP address a.b.c.21 to be used to redirect to internal web server
>             192.168.1.x
> eth0:1    IP address a.b.c.22 to be used to redirect to internal mail server
>             192.168.1.y

I don't see a reason for this alias. What netmask are you using?

Quote:> eth0:2    IP address a.b.c.23 to be used to redirect to internal mail server
>             192.168.2.z

> I've been able to set up the rules for the eth0 interface and firewall.  I'm
> running into trouble getting the aliased interfaces to forward packets to
> the respective internal IP addresses.  I've tried IPPORTFW, but I'm still
> running into trouble.  Can someone help me out???

I might be able to help with the ipportfw part. What have you tried so far?

Greg Weeks
--
http://durendal.tzo.com/greg/