D-Link Wireless networking for linux

Post by Bazz » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:37:56

Hi,

I've been reading quite a few messages in this news group regarding
the D-link products, and whilst I'm sure that I can get them to work
on linux, I'm not too sure if my configuration will allow it.  I
propose to setup my systems with the following:-

DWL-650 PCMCIA card in Laptop running Linux Redhat 7.2
DWL-120 USB card in my desktop also running Redhat Linux 7.2

What I need to know is, is this configuration valid, or do I need to
buy an access point instead of the DWL-120 USB card in order for the 2
machines to be networked?

And if so, which is the best and cheapest access point to buy?
I'd prefer to stick with D-link access points as I have a local
supplier of D-link products.

Many thanks in advance,

Bazza