Quad Port Ethernet Card - What one?

Post by Chris Morle » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:47:41

Hi, can anyone recommend me a quad port ethernet card that is supported by
Linux... one which I can simply plug in and get detected by the distro would
be best, however that's only a nicety and not a requirement.

TIA

Chris

Post by Pedro » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:00:48

> Hi, can anyone recommend me a quad port ethernet card that is supported by
> Linux... one which I can simply plug in and get detected by the distro
> would be best, however that's only a nicety and not a requirement.

> TIA

> Chris

Hi,
I've used D-link DFE-580TX.

~pete

Quad Port Ethernet Card - What one?

Post by Chris Morle » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:10:09

Quote:> Hi,
> I've used D-link DFE-580TX.

Ok great, I have used this under windows and its a good card. Is there much
to be done in way of installation?

Post by js » Thu, 22 Dec 2005 20:35:14

>> Hi,
>> I've used D-link DFE-580TX.

> Ok great, I have used this under windows and its a good card. Is there
> much to be done in way of installation?

I have used Sun's hme cards ( called happy-meal ethernet cards ) in the
linux config ... just so happened that there were a few lying around and
not being used.