how to cfg dailup in turbo linux

Post by :) » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

i want to know too

1. Syslinux.cfg & ks.cfg under Red-Hat 7.1

Hi.
I have to install Linux Red-Hat 7.1 from a bootable cd-rom using the
Kickstart.
I mean that my cd-rom should boot and install Red-hat 7.1 without
asking anything, and following the instructions described in the file
ks.cfg.

I copied the entire contents of the Red-Hat 7.1 under a directory of a
PC with Red-Hat 7.1 (/home/rh71).
I have mounted the file images/boot.img and modified the file
syslinux.cfg as follows:

default ks
prompt 0
display boot.img
label ks
 kernel vmlinuz
 append ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img

(I tried also ks=file or ks=file:ks.cfg)

I put my ks.cfg under the root directory of the cd-rom (for example
e:\ks.cfg)
Note that the ks.cfg was already used to make a Kickstart of a linux
Red-Hat 6.0
and it worked, so I didn't modify it.

I made a file system image with the command:
mkisofs -b images/boot.img -c boot.cat -R -allow-lowercase
-allow-multidot -l -L -o /home/linuxkit /home/rh71

I recorded the cd-rom with the command : cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0
/home/linuxkit

The cd does the boot and start the installation, but it seems not to
find the ks.cfg because it asks me to specify the language, the
keyboard and the device in which there is the Red-Hat software (cd-rom
or hard-disk) but it seems not to find any cd-rom with the Red-Hat 7.1
! And I can't go on !

What I did wrong ? How should I configure the syslinux.cfg ? Should I
modify the ks.cfg that worked for the rh.60 ? In which directory
should I put it exactly ?
Can you resolve my problems ? I hope so.

Thank you in advance.

2. 2.5.13 IDE PIO mode Fix

3. trouble with AWE drivers

4. Turbo isn't really "turbo"

5. SSLftp

6. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

7. Need help for upgrading the Linux kernel

8. dailup network linux <-> Win 95

9. Dailup in Linux with SecureID / random password???

10. dailup conection of win95 to linux using ppp dialup networking

11. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

12. Windows NT 2000 & Linux (Turbo Linux)