found solution for connecting 2 networks by ppp

found solution for connecting 2 networks by ppp

Post by R. Brett Juergen » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I've uninstalled linuxconf and now both my servers can connect via the
pppd daemon.  I guess it was just a case of doing it the tried and true
method!

1. pppd: can't find file /etc/ppp/ppp-connect

I've been trying to get ppp running under RedHat 3.0.3. In my /etc/ppp/options
file I have the connect /etc/ppp/ppp-connect and have prepared the
/etc/ppp/ppp-connect file. When I run pppd, it says no /etc/ppp/ppp-connect
file. The file is there with what I believe are reasonable values. I have
tryed all kinds of permissions and currently it is rwx to the world during
debug. If I try a >sh /etc/ppp/ppp-connect it starts running and then comes
back with the message UID is a read-only variable (I use a UID=kmartin and
then use $UID in chat command for connecting). I hope this is enough info.
It has me baffled. Thanks.
-Ken Martin

2. Allowing smtp access from the outside world

3. ppp problem found (I think) solution a new modem?

4. server-to-server transfers

5. wierd solution to slow PPP found

6. alladin GS printing problem

7. Slip connects but doesn't find network...?

8. Ericsson releases Open Source Robust Web Site Software

9. HOME NETWORK CONNECT TO INTERNET BY PPP NOT WORK !!

10. PPP previous route add fails to connect to network

11. connecting two networks by PPP

12. Local PPP network connected to Internet???

13. Local network telnet sessin hangs when connected through ppp to internet