How to setup RHL7.3 with SMC's IP router?

How to setup RHL7.3 with SMC's IP router?

Post by Terr » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:36:17

Is there anyone using SMC's broadband IP router (which could share one
static IP for 4 PCs) and running RHL7.3 at hte same time? I had
problem while I installed RHL7.3 with the IP router when I was asked
to choose the LAN card. Should I just install it by choosing the DHCP
or what? I ignored it and just click "Next" till the installation
completed, then I reboot it, but I could only login as root in text
mode (no any GUI mode), I'm very sure there's no any problem occured
in the install process and it show "Finish" button in the end ot the
installation. Xwindow worked well before I install IP router, and I
wonder whether the IP router setting in the installation is the
problem.

Post by Yuan Li » Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:39:49

> Is there anyone using SMC's broadband IP router (which could share one
> static IP for 4 PCs) and running RHL7.3 at hte same time? I had
> problem while I installed RHL7.3 with the IP router when I was asked
> to choose the LAN card. Should I just install it by choosing the DHCP
> or what? I ignored it and just click "Next" till the installation

Correct.  Just choose DHCP.  Pretty much the same with all similar
products if you set up the broadband router to use DHCP.  But if you set
up the router otherwise, you need to set up a static IP.
Quote:> completed, then I reboot it, but I could only login as root in text