Courier I-modem connection trouble

Post by Brian Rud » Sun, 26 Oct 1997 04:00:00

--------------833192F4342E11AC02FFD870

Hi Folks,

I am having a bit of difficulty connecting to two different routers with
my USR Courier I-modem under Linux 2.0.29. I have been unable to connect
to both a Cisco 4500 via a PRI card, and a Ascend Pipeline 75. I can see
from the logs that the modem is able to dial out, but can't seen to get
an MPP session going with either box. I have tried with the same
hardware setup with Windoze, and things were fine, so it has to be a
Linux problem. As near as I can tell, the remote side doesn't transmit
any data, so I have tried forcing my side to challenge with both PAP and
CHAP upon connecting, but neither has any noticable effect.

Any one out there in Net Land have a solution to this problem?

Brian Rudy

--------------833192F4342E11AC02FFD870

<HTML>
Hi Folks,

<P>I am having a bit of difficulty connecting to two different routers
with my USR Courier I-modem under Linux 2.0.29. I have been unable to connect
to both a Cisco 4500 via a PRI card, and a Ascend Pipeline 75. I&nbsp;can
see from the logs that the modem is able to dial out, but can't seen to
get an MPP session going with either box. I&nbsp;have tried with the same
hardware setup with Windoze, and things were fine, so it has to be a Linux
problem. As near as I can tell, the remote side doesn't transmit any data,
so I have tried forcing my side to challenge with both PAP and CHAP upon
connecting, but neither has any noticable effect.

<P>Any one out there in Net Land have a solution to this problem?
<BR>&nbsp;
<PRE>--&nbsp;
Brian Rudy

&nbsp;</HTML>