Does linux support SMC8432 PCI ethernet card?

Does linux support SMC8432 PCI ethernet card?

Post by Gavin Camer » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I suppose the subject line says it all. Are SMC8432 PCI ethernet cards
supported under linux?

If yes, what version of the kernel / tcp code do I need to have ?

many thanks in advance
Gavin Cameron

Post by Ian V. Quickmi » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I suppose the subject line says it all. Are SMC8432 PCI ethernet cards
>supported under linux?

>If yes, what version of the kernel / tcp code do I need to have ?

>many thanks in advance
>Gavin Cameron

Yes, and was there at least in 1.2.8. You have to choose the DEC chipset,
which is what SMC uses on this card. It's easy to find when doing your 'make
config' ...

 CIS: 74032,573
 WWW: http://www.sonetis.com/~ianq/