guest-account w/o email-account?

Post by MeDa » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi there!
I want to install a guest-account on my server computer, but usually by
adding a new user there is assigned automatically an email address of type

user "guest" without giving any guestuser the possibility of sending emails
on this account?
Tnx for any suggestion.

Meinhard
Meinhard Dahmen

"Kohl muss Hauptstadt bleiben!"

1. Real account with FTP guest account

Hi

How to create real user with FTP guest account. If I want to create ftp
guest account I append something like that to /etc/passwd

guest1:x:1000:50::/home/ftp:/bin/ftponly

and I set ftp group as a guestgroup and then I can exchange files with that
guest1 through ftp from my account not only from root account.

Is that correct way to do that?

But what if I'd like to create real user account who can only use ftp as
guest. I mean - when he logs to the ftp he is in /home/ftp , not in his home
directory

Help please

2. Ethernet Network Analyzer, Monitor, and Packet Generator Software

3. Free Shell Accounts/Guest account enabled??

4. Disksuite and striping over partitions (not disks)

5. how to add a email account without linux account ?

6. Anonymous FTP, ls don't work!

7. Sendmail: giving user accounts an e-mail account

8. constant swapping in X

9. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT.

10. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

11. FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT FREE DISK SPACE FREE UNIX ACCOUNT