POPPASSD

Post by Jeff Housto » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

I can't seem to compile poppassd.c on Linux RedHat 5.2.  I'm using gcc -c
poppassd.c...  Here are the errors.

poppassd.c: In function `chkPass':
poppassd.c:308: warning: passing arg 1 of `strcmp' makes pointer from
integer wt
poppassd.c: In function `setPass':
poppassd.c:353: warning: passing arg 2 of `strcpy' makes pointer from
integer wt
poppassd.c: In function `UpdatePasswordFile':
poppassd.c:381: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
cast

Thanks in advance...
Jeff

--
----------------------------
----------------------------

POPPASSD

Post by Raymonds Doetje » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

You aren't helped with this, but I have/had the same problem.

Raymond

> I can't seem to compile poppassd.c on Linux RedHat 5.2.  I'm using gcc -c
> poppassd.c...  Here are the errors.

> poppassd.c: In function `chkPass':
> poppassd.c:308: warning: passing arg 1 of `strcmp' makes pointer from
> integer wt
> poppassd.c: In function `setPass':
> poppassd.c:353: warning: passing arg 2 of `strcpy' makes pointer from
> integer wt
> poppassd.c: In function `UpdatePasswordFile':
> poppassd.c:381: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast

> Thanks in advance...
> Jeff

> --
> ----------------------------
> ----------------------------
> Jeff Houston
> Universal Payment Processing
> 1515 Broad St.
> Bloomfield, NJ 07003
> V 973-338-4900
> F 973-338-1902

1. Poppassd on Solaris 2.5.1

Here is the situation, I am running Solaris 2.5.1, and qpopper.  I need
to allow users to change their passwords via the option on the Eudora
E-mail software.  I have seen this done on a Linux system, using the
poppassd program, but was unable to get a poppassd I found for Solaris
to work.  I get the return message of "Authentication failure."  I have
also installed NIS+ running with NIS compatability on, thinking that it
may verify thru YP. I can telnet to the poppassd port, so that much
appears to be ok. Could I have missed something during the NIS setup or
configuration?  I would appreciate any help I can recieve on this
matter, thanks!

2. Successul Linux installation, but minor problems

3. Eudora Password daemon - poppassd

4. Officejet usb

5. PopPassd on 2.6

6. Compaq 1600r progressing but...

7. Poppassd

8. wh how to disable CTRL character on a shell script?

9. poppassd?

10. Any luck with poppassd on 2.6? (fwd)

11. Anyone got poppassd working on Solaris?

12. problem with poppassd daemon

13. Poppassd via HTML