kernel panic in 2.0.32

Post by Rani Chouh » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
   I installed a Sangoma T-1 router card in my Linux box running 2.0.32.

  After i load the router module, and if I telnet over the serial T-1
connection, the Linux box completely hangs with the following error:

skput:over: XXXXXXXX:XX
In swapper task- not syncing

any idea what this error means ?

--Rani

1. PCNet 32 Kernel Panic

Hello,

I recently attempted to setup one of my Linux servers to do
iptables/ipmasq routing for my small network. After testing the 2.4.13
kernel (with SGI's XFS compiled in for a couple days), I thought all
was well, until I tried to activate eth1, which is my onboard (Compaq
Deskpro 5100) AMD LANCE (PCNet32) NIC. The kernel panicked right away,
and I didn't have any paper/pen handy to copy the panic. However,
someone else reported this problem with the 2.4.10 kernel (see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=dri7rtobn5f12mded0c247nla9...
as a reference), and the problem sounds very similar. The eth1
interface was configured to grab a IP through DHCP; as soon as it was
attempting to be brought up (during the init portion of the boot), it
panicked. I really can't take the server down again to get a trace of
the panic; I sincerely apologize for this, but not on a production
machine. :-( And, unfortunately, I don't have another machine with a
PCNet32, so I am limited to further testing. I will try the 2.4.17
kernel later this weekend, with some paper and a pen handy, just in
case. ;-) If anyone has any information that they would like to pass
on to me, well, I'd gladly appreciate it. Thanks, in advance, and have
a great weekend everyone!

BTW - My first kernel panic in about 4 years of using Linux! Wow! Kind
of depressing, but I can't tell all of you how reliable Linux has been
up until this point; it only failed with my P.O.S hardware. ;-)

-------------------------------------
Sean P. Elble
Freelance Systems/Network Engineer
SES Computer Systems

-------------------------------------

2. laptop modem

3. Cyrix Cx486DRx2-16/32 CPU causes kernel to panic

4. split a slice

5. Slakware /W kernel 2.0.30 to RH5 W Kernel 2.0.32

6. Help on telnet and ftp needed!

7. 64-bit kernel vs. 32-bit kernel

8. Sendmail config

9. Upgrading from 32-Bit Sparc-Kernel to 64-Bit sparcv9-Kernel??

10. Can I downgrade 64-bit kernel to 32-bit kernel

11. Sparcstation-2 PANICS due to 32-bit driver built with Forte 6.2 C compiler

12. 2.0.32 init panic

13. kernel panic: no init found with 2.5.32