Dialing up Linux via Win95 or NT

Post by darksta » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I like Linux to be a modem server. What must be configured. If somebody call
the modem of this linux server, a ppp connection should be established. This
person should get an IP-address and the address of the nameserver running on
this linux server.

Thanks for any help.
Darkstar

Post by Dirk Huesk » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>I like Linux to be a modem server. What must be configured. If somebody call
>the modem of this linux server, a ppp connection should be established. This
>person should get an IP-address and the address of the nameserver running on
>this linux server.

Read the Serial-HOWTO and the PPP-HOWTO. They explain exactly what you need
to do (hint: mgetty, pppd). For dynamic host configuration, use dhcpd from
www.isc.com.

--

PGP Public Key: http://www.muenster.de/~huesken/pgp_public_key

1. Dialing up Linux via Win95 or NT

Hi all,

I like Linux to be a modem server. What must be configured. If somebody call
the modem of this linux server, a ppp connection should be established. This
person should get an IP-address and the address of the nameserver running on
this linux server.

Thanks for any help.
Darkstar

2. Who makes the fastest 8mm SCSI Tape??

3. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

4. Gnu Emacs and nohup.

5. PPP difficulties with win95 dialing to linux via ppp.

6. emacs at X

7. Win95 to Linux connectivity via Dial-Up.

8. too many mounted filesystems

9. Getting to linux from Win95 (via NT)?

10. Linux logon via Win95/NT

11. ? Best Way To Dial in to Linux From NT Workstation via Modem?

12. Linux as dial-up ppp server for Win95 dial-up problem

13. M$ Win95/98/NT hosts on LAN causing dial-out