Printer problem with form feed

Post by Frank Stille » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

My printer (HP Deskjet 895 Cxi) always prints another blank page after he
did the normal print job. I think, this is a form feed based on linux. My
printer is connected with my server where linux is installed. On my computer
Win98 is installed and the RAW data is send to the server and the server
send the data directly to the printer port. Someone says, that you can
deactivate the form feed option in linux, but where?

--

Homepage: http://come.to/08-15-Homepage

Printer problem with form feed

Post by Tobias Reckhard (jest » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>My printer (HP Deskjet 895 Cxi) always prints another blank page after he
>did the normal print job. I think, this is a form feed based on linux. My
>printer is connected with my server where linux is installed. On my computer
>Win98 is installed and the RAW data is send to the server and the server
>send the data directly to the printer port. Someone says, that you can
>deactivate the form feed option in linux, but where?

In /etc/printcap, disable the input filter for the printer. The
options are separated by colons and in my printcap, on several lines
linked by the Unix 'soft-line-break'-character "\", so I just put a
hash mark in front of the line starting with ":if=/usr/lib/apsfilt..."
and that was enough.

Tobias / jester

Post by Thomas Neilso » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> >My printer (HP Deskjet 895 Cxi) always prints another blank page after he
> >did the normal print job. I think, this is a form feed based on linux. My
> >printer is connected with my server where linux is installed. On my computer
> >Win98 is installed and the RAW data is send to the server and the server
> >send the data directly to the printer port. Someone says, that you can
> >deactivate the form feed option in linux, but where?

> In /etc/printcap, disable the input filter for the printer. The
> options are separated by colons and in my printcap, on several lines
> linked by the Unix 'soft-line-break'-character "\", so I just put a
> hash mark in front of the line starting with ":if=/usr/lib/apsfilt..."
> and that was enough.

> Tobias / jester

Hum ...
Might want to open your printcap and add " :sh: \" This suppresses form feed or
extra page eject.