named ...trying to fine tune

Post by Tom Berge » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Does anybody out there have, or know of where I can find some
decent, reliable docs on fine tuning named, and it's associated
files. The Network admin guide that I have appears to have
errors in it's description and examples.
The main thing is that I keep getting the error:

named [44] recvfrom: connection refused

in the syslog file.

our nameserver seems to work ok, but this error message is
annoying, and makes me wonder if something is in fact wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

named ...trying to fine tune

Post by Daniel Tr » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>Does anybody out there have, or know of where I can find some
>decent, reliable docs on fine tuning named, and it's associated
>files. The Network admin guide that I have appears to have
>errors in it's description and examples.
>The main thing is that I keep getting the error:
>named [44] recvfrom: connection refused
>in the syslog file.
>our nameserver seems to work ok, but this error message is
>annoying, and makes me wonder if something is in fact wrong.
>Any help would be appreciated.

ftp.vix.com and get bind-4.9.3BETA26.  It takes care of the error message.

named ...trying to fine tune

Post by Koos van den Hout _U nix and we al » Wed, 18 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Does anybody out there have, or know of where I can find some
: decent, reliable docs on fine tuning named, and it's associated
: files.

The O'Reilly book 'DNS and BIND' or some bind-related links, like :

<LI><A HREF="http://www.veryComputer.com/;>DNS resources directory</A>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.veryComputer.com/*.html"

Quote:>* name servers document</A>

: The main thing is that I keep getting the error:

: named [44] recvfrom: connection refused

: in the syslog file.

That's a "known" thing in the combination of named and Linux. Nothing is
wrong. I think it is fixed in a newer version of named.

                                            Grtx. KH

--
  Koos van den Hout,           Internetter, Unix freak and BBS SysOp at large

  http://www.veryComputer.com/~koos (WWW)    Looking for a license plate with "RFC 822"
  We are root. You will be assimilated. Resistance is useless. Clickety Click

1. Name server's fine, but annot lookup host name with some program

Hello,
   I just re-install rh6.1.  I've setup the name server and I can use
nslookup to ask names.  However, when I use program's like this "ping

no name server, time out.  The name server is functional.  How come the
program inside linux cannot use the name server?

Thanks!
Sing

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Running SSL 443 on Red Hat 7.1 Apache

3. htaccess -Fine Tuning

4. Debian Install CD-Rom Problem

5. fine tuning apache perf on linux

6. Running NCSA httpd on NeXTstation

7. HOW TO fine tune NFS V3 clients?

8. Or'ing in /bin/sh script

9. Fine tuning syslog output

10. Fine Tuning Linux for backup/production coexistence.

11. Fine-tuning of web servers on Solaris

12. Fine tuning 4.0.3 on SuSE7.0 and ATI Rage128

13. How to fine tune Netscape Java engine