Toshiba Tecra 740CDT on EBAY

Post by rich.. » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=100676035

1. HOWTO: XFree86 in combination with Toshiba TECRA 740CDT (ct65554)

I am trying to install Linux on my Toshiba TECRA 740CDT Laptop, and
everything works fine up till now, except when I try to configure my
XFree86.

No matter what I do, when starting X, I get the message "unable to set
default font path", resulting in not being able to find font "fixed",
this resulting in not being able to start my X. I think I read through
all the existing news items elaborating on this subject, and all I found
were two messages telling me to ensure that there is a /dev/tty0 defined
(which is the case) and to be sure that I chose the right number of
colours (actually I tried all possibilities, ranging from 8 up to 32
bpp), but nothing seems to work.

I'm sure to have all my fonts installed in the right directories
(/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/*), so can't be the problem, I think. I
searched the whole Internet to find sample XF86Config's for my X
configuraion, and am quite sure that I got an OK working version,
although if anybody has a version which has already proving to be OK,
I'm very interested!

Can please anybody help me?!

Thanks in advance,

Erik Pijls

2. Boot Disk won't work

3. SCO Unixware on a Toshiba Tecra 740CDT Laptop

4. NFSD problems (versions 2.0 and 2.2)

5. XFree86 on Toshiba Tecra 740CDT (C&T 65554)

6. How to turn off SMB debug messages?

7. Solaris x86 v2.6 on Toshiba Tecra 740CDT

8. Please explain why lilo worked for me!

9. Slackware running on Toshiba notebook Tecra 740CDT

10. Q: Toshiba Tecra 740CDT and X

11. Toshiba Tecra on EBAY

12. Toshiba Sattelite Pro 460CDT, Tecra 530CDT, Tecra 750CDT

13. need XF86Config for Tecra 740CDT