internet connexion sharing through usb direct connexion

internet connexion sharing through usb direct connexion

Post by Dan Anghe » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:18:26

Hi!

I just bought an laptop and installed RedHat 7.2, like my desktop computer.
The problem is that I have no network card on the laptop, and a PCMCIA is a
bit expensive. Do you have any idea if I can share my internet connexion
through a USB direct cable connexion?

Thanks,
Dan Anghel

1. Internet Connection via a Network Shared Connection in RedHat 7.2

Hello everyone,

I have a RedHat7.2 server. The server is connect to a LAN witch have a
domain name (monpc.mondomaine). The RedHat server can see and ping
every machine in the LAN, connect to them via Samba (mount some
resources), etc.

The LAN have a DSL Internet Connection witch use a firewall. All other
machines (Windows NT and Windows 2000) can access to Internet.

The problem is that i can't connect to internet with the redhat server
otherwise all others machine in the LAN can.

The resolv.conf file contains this informations :
domain mondomaine
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
search mondomaine

Have someone an idea ?

Thank A Lot For Your Responses
Ghislain

2. BIND 9.2.1 looking up at non-existent addresses

3. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

4. XviG or similar package for XFree86 ???

5. PPP/SLIP connection from NT to SCO Unix through direct cable connection

6. Config(8) Version = 400018 version req: 400019

7. internet connection setup thru proxy

8. wyse 120 terminal on linux box

9. Linux gateway box hosting internet connection thru PPP for multiple machines

10. load sharing outbound connections thru RH7.1

11. @home and internet connections thru cable

12. Knode thru Windows Shared Connection

13. Direct Internet Connection