Percentage of all Internet servers running Linux?

Post by Bob Dodd » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Does anyone know percentage of all Internet servers running Linux?
> I remember seeing a chart somewhere which showed that information
> for every OS, including Linux, *BSD, Solaris, Windows and others.
> But I couldn't find it again

> Could anyone give me that information or point to that chart again?

> Thanks
> -Vladimir

Until then, I remember reading it was about half are apache/linux.

-Bob

Percentage of all Internet servers running Linux?

Post by Scot E. Wilcoxo » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

For Europe:
        http://www.hzo.cubenet.de/ioscount/
Also see the "links" page there.

1. How to run the X-Server & FREEBSD as an Internet Server.

Dear All,
        Hello there, I am new to this forumn and would like to post a
question in regard to FREEBSD. In the past I have tried installing the
AUGUST 1996 "CDROM.COM" CDROM which I have subscribed to. The
installation goes okay, until I try to start the X-server which then
causes no end of problems. Is there any files any where which explain
what I should do?

        I am also interested in using FREEBSD as a frontage to an
Internet scheme with the Company which I work for. Does anyone have
experience of setting up and using FREEBSD as a Mail Server, and WEB
Server.

        Any help would be appreciated.
--
Andrew G Dickinson
Welwyn Systems Limited

2. Flow label in IPv6 header

3. pppd grief, running Linux as an internet server.

4. What's the deal with "PATH"?

5. Internet Server running under Linux ?

6. Where is PPP for Linux

7. Requirements Document for a Internet Server running on linux

8. openLPC - how to use it?

9. FTP to local Linux 7 server failed while Linux server is connecting to the Internet

10. FS: Internet Gateway Server (Departmnetal or Internet Server)

11. "mail" program - necessary to run mail server myself to e-mail to Internet?

12. Any FAQ to setup Web Server and Internet Server Using Linux

13. How to execute "apache internet server" on booting my Linux server ?