Ositech Jack of D. PCMCIA eth. problem.

Post by George Georgie » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

        Hi,

        I got a replacement the defective Jack of diamonds card I had
before, but the new one still does not want to work under linux. When I
try to mount the ethernet device it tells: 'SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device'.
In the syslog I get 'smc91c92_cs: Yikes! Bad chip signature' and the
ethernet device doesn't show up. The card itself passes all its tests with
the company supplied program. I changed the memory window, irq and the
ports to almost every imaginable value, no difference. The computer is NEC
Versa 4080H with linux 2.0.30. Some ideas of what may correct the problem?

        The modem part works O.K., no problem from this side.

                                Thaks, George.

Ositech Jack of D. PCMCIA eth. problem.

Post by David Hin » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

:       Hi,
:
:       I got a replacement the defective Jack of diamonds card I had
: before, but the new one still does not want to work under linux. When I
: try to mount the ethernet device it tells: 'SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device'.
: In the syslog I get 'smc91c92_cs: Yikes! Bad chip signature' and the
: ethernet device doesn't show up. The card itself passes all its tests with
: the company supplied program. I changed the memory window, irq and the
: ports to almost every imaginable value, no difference. The computer is NEC
: Versa 4080H with linux 2.0.30. Some ideas of what may correct the problem?

Get the current driver package.  The current release is 2.9.12, and
corrects a problem with newer Jack of Diamonds cards.

-- Dave Hinds