redhat linux and pap/chap

Post by r.. » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>My chat file (/etc/ppp/chat, for lack of a better location):

>'' \n
>'' ATZ
>OK ATDT<isp's phone number>
>CONNECT ''

>and I call it with the following:

>/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyS1 115200 connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f \
>/etc/ppp/chat

>I have defaultroute, modem, lock, etc. set in /etc/ppp/options, like
>so:

>debug
>noipdefault
>user <isp login id>
>modem
>lock
>crtscts
>defaultroute

You will also need to create a /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file.
Mine is like:

my-isp-id     *    my-ips-password

Good Luck!

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. Apache Questions

3. redhat linux and pap/chap

4. Next question

5. Converting text files from Microsoft to Linux and Linux to Microsoft

6. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

7. Using SATA in PATA compatible mode?

8. Setting up PPP (possibly using PAP/CHAP) on Redhat 7.1

9. Under RedHat 5 PPP how do you switch from PAP to CHAP?

10. PAP/CHAP Problems in RedHat

11. PAP/CHAP on a Linux PPP Server

12. Pap/Chap authentication with Suse Linux