Tis firewall toolkit

Post by Paolo Balducc » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi to all.
I would like to know if somebody use the tis firewall toolkit 2.1 .
My situation is very simple : I have a network connected to internet
(with real addresses) and a local network (with internal addresses).
In the middle my linux box (slak 3.4) with 2 nics 10baseT.
All works fine. But i don't understand how configure the fwtk.
Any ideas ??

thanks in advance and best regards,
paolo balducci

Tis firewall toolkit

Post by Gordon Sco » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

: Hi to all.
: I would like to know if somebody use the tis firewall toolkit 2.1 .
: My situation is very simple : I have a network connected to internet
: (with real addresses) and a local network (with internal addresses).
: In the middle my linux box (slak 3.4) with 2 nics 10baseT.
: All works fine. But i don't understand how configure the fwtk.
: Any ideas ??

It's a little while since I actually set mine up, but I also found
it confusing at first. I finally just followed the example setups
in the postscript documents and most things worked out o.k.
You do need to read the .ps stuff, or it makes no sense at all.

Unless you get other, better, responses, have a go at it and if you
have trouble, e-mail me and I'll mail you a clone of my setup.

Mostly, the stuff in netperm-table is fairly forgiving. ftp and telnet
have both "to the firewall" and "via the firewall" options and you may
need to understand the difference.

Hope that helps a little,
        Gordon.
--
Gordon Scott             Opinions expressed are my own.

Linux  ...............   Because I like to _get_ there today.