LEAF FRITZ! DSL

Post by Mar » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 21:01:01

Hi everybody!

I very new to LEAF and for this reason I got some questions. I'd like
to set up a LEAF-Computer (Pentium 133 Mhz, 32 MB RAM) as a
firewall/router for my own Network.
I would like to following configuration:
- 1 FRITZ! DSL-Card (intern) to connenct to ADSL-Provider
- 1 NIC for my LAN
- 1 NIC for my DMZ

I downloaded the Bering-Distribution and I already set up a disk. The
problems I have are the following:
1.) I need a driver for the FRITZ! DSL-card. I downloaded a linux
driver from AVM for SUSE Linux 8.1 and I compiled the source, but I
just got errors (by the way, my compiling environment was not really
good configured...) Does anyone have a compiled driver for this card
for the BERING LEAF distribution?

2.) How do I configure the FRITZ! CARD? What do I have to do? How do I
install the driver?

3.) I used old ThunderLan NIC (because they were free...), but I also
have problems with the driver. It is a "TNETE100APCM".

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetz
Marc

1. Compiling the AVM Fritz!DSL driver for Red Hat 8.0

Hello,

I'm trying to compile the AVM driver for the Fritz!DSL card on my Red
Hat 8.0 Linux box: gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7),
kernel version 2.4.18-14, AVM source taken from
fcdsl-suse8.0-03.09.14.tar.gz

After the successfull compiling process the new module fcdsl.o will be
copied under the directory misc/ in .../modules/ ... "depmod -a"
outputs an error cause of "Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/fcdsl.o".

"insmod -f fcdsl" says:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/fcdsl.o
Warning: The module you are trying to load
(/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/fcdsl.o) is compiled with a gcc
version 2 compiler, while the kernel you are running is compiled with
a gcc version 3 compiler. This is known to not work.
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/fcdsl.o: unresolved symbol
attach_capi_driver
/lib/modules/2.4.18-14/misc/fcdsl.o: unresolved symbol
detach_capi_driver

It seems that there are two unresolved symbols but I don't know which
library to link the fcdsl.o object file to resolv these symbols...

Although I'm quite sure that the gcc3 compiler has been used this also
causes an error about gcc2 <> gcc3... Don't know why...

Any ideas, how to get the fcdsl.o module to work?

thnx & cu talex

2. Why should swap space go *up* with physical memory?

3. FRITZ!Card DSL

4. proxymodul with the apache server

5. AVM Fritz Card DSL

6. RPC

7. Fritz DSL, DHCP/DNS problem, DNS does not show the hostname

8. RTC causes hard lockups in 2.5.70-mm8

9. Fritz!DSL card sync - PPPoE kernel module problem

10. problems with Fritz!DSL SL, Debian and 2.4.18 kernel

11. Replacement dsl modem for DSL-604+

12. dsl modem driver for Intel PRO/DSL 2100 Modem??

13. Linux DSL & Intel 1200 Pro DSL Modem