IBM Global Network and connection problem

IBM Global Network and connection problem

Post by Markku Hol » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Is anybody using IBM Global Network service to connect to the Internet with
Red Hat Linux 5.1?
I have tried allkinds of compinations without luck.
I have a K56flex modem and always after dialing the line drops after few
seconds. On WinNT 4.0 and Win98 the connection works OK.
So if anybody has a example configuration of  the above mentioned, I would
like to get a example of the connection settings via E-mail.
Markku Holm

IBM Global Network and connection problem

Post by Mikael Hakma » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

1. First you should isolate where the problem is. Is it modem, chat script,
pppd config or cable etc? You should look into system log files for chat and
pppd messages and maybe run pppd and chat with logging/debuging enabled.

2. Are you sure that you can use K56flex for IBM Net? I think that only x2
or V90 works there. Try different modem or disable K56flex or use K56flex
with another os to see.

3. I had once a similar problem (not 56 related). It was chat script that
sent a cr after connect. This single extra cr was enough for the server to
disconnect.

/Mikael

>Is anybody using IBM Global Network service to connect to the Internet with
>Red Hat Linux 5.1?
>I have tried allkinds of compinations without luck.
>I have a K56flex modem and always after dialing the line drops after few
>seconds. On WinNT 4.0 and Win98 the connection works OK.
>So if anybody has a example configuration of  the above mentioned, I would
>like to get a example of the connection settings via E-mail.
>Markku Holm

1. KPPP & IBM Global Network ISP problems

After following the PPP script that IBM posted on their site and
adding a few lines to my conf.modules file (thanks to another IBM
user), I am finally able to connect to the internet using RH52 &
2.0.36 kernel.

Once I installed KDE 1.1, I wanted to use a GUI for connecting to the
internet.  Unfortuneately, I can not connect to the internet with this
program.

I followed the instructions for this program and am able to connect to
IBM and see where a local and remote IP addresses are assigned.  I can
ping myself (using that assigned IP), but can not ping or connect to
any other site, including my ISP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. ***Publisher Looking for Authors***

3. connecting IBM global network with pppd-2.3

4. How to Increase the share memory

5. Dip for IBM Global Network

6. Printing LF/CR problem

7. Internet PAP and IBM Global Network

8. Linux Lockup and Video

9. IBM Global Network on Linux

10. IBM Global Network & Linux PPP (diald/pppd)

11. IBM GLobal Network.

12. ppp pap fails from sco to ibm global network

13. aspppd and IBM Global Network