Setting up a Linux Server with an NT server as Webserver

Setting up a Linux Server with an NT server as Webserver

Post by Jose Antonio Baduria J » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

     Our company would be having 2 servers, with Linux being file,
network and e-mail server.
It would also be the one to connect to the internet. It would have been
purely Linux  except
that our Web page has been designed using ASP and it needs access to MS
programs.
I really hate it when they do this. Since no one wants to rewrite the
Web Page, we will still be
using our NT as the Webserver. I had already setup apache in Linux but
it seems all my effort
has gone to waste. Does anyone know how to setup such a system? How do I
relay httpd
requests from Linux to the NT server? Do I still need to run the apache
server?

Thanks

1. Linux Server v/s Windows Server ( WebServer - LAMP v/s WAMP)

Hello all,

I dont know the exact group where I should post my questions. So, I m
doing it on most of the groups which support components of LAMP stack.

My client wants to use WAMP ( Windows + apache + MySQL + PHP ). But the
site performance is very slow on windows. I dont know the exact
reasons.

I have seen some benchmark details on internet. But still they are not
having concrete facts to support LAMP as a better alternative to WAMP.
Allmost all the search done on google melts down to IIS vs Apache, My
main concern is "Apache on LINUX" v/s "Apache on Windows" and similarly
for PHP/MySQL.

It would be greatfull if you guys can help me out with finding support
for LAMP, if its better ( in first place, I can say better coz I have
seen its performance. ).

Please point out urls and reference to complete my research of LAMP vs
WAMP.

Site specification:

writtein in PHP5, MySQL 4.1.3 ( InnoDB ).

-- Pradeep Sharma

2. SCSI disk errors under Buslogic controller (EXT2-FS PANIC)

3. FreeBSD Web servers (was Re: NT server vs workstation for WWW server)

4. PPP Connection Problem with Slackware 3.4

5. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

6. Linux 7.1 does not detect my Future Domain SCSI

7. Can NCSA HTTP server be set up as Proxy Server and Web server?

8. SLIP with a router(Cisco-CS500)

9. Any good links about setting up web servers on NT or Linux platforms?

10. How to "mount" a Linux server to an NT server?

11. Can I replace an NT server with a Linux server?

12. Apache webserver on Linux (RH 7.1) - and an internal Webserver - how would you set it up?

13. how to share resource between a NT Server and a Linux Server