Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

Querying modem-to-modem speed of PPP connection.

Post by Lloyd Zusm » Sun, 06 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I'm using Redhat 4.1.

Is there a way to query the modem-to-modem speed of an existing PPP
connection?  I know that I can send packets and do timings to
calculate this, but I'm wondering if there is some utility that already
exists which will give me this information.

By the way, I'm not interested in the speed returned by 'setserial',
since that's the speed of the port itself, not the modem-to-modem
speed.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Lloyd Zusman