DHCP client-identifier rfc2132 and ISC implementation

DHCP client-identifier rfc2132 and ISC implementation

Post by mab » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 00:10:40

Hello,
experimenting with dhcpcd v.1.3 by (Hariguchi and Viznyuk)and dhcpd
V3.0 by ISC (internet software consortium)I found that the client
identifier sent by ISC has no initial 0x00, instead dhcpd has. This is
causing me problems in associating fixed-address to clients as the
initial zero is considered part of the ID itself. I have no problem in
modifying either program but I'd like to be sure of which is right.
Reading rfc2132 I think that the initial 0 is ok as the id is a
string.
Please help me clarify this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Marco

1. DHCP client-identifier rfc2132 and ISC implementation

Hello,
experimenting with dhcpcd v.1.3 by (Hariguchi and Viznyuk)and dhcpd
V3.0 by ISC (internet software consortium)I found that the client
identifier sent by ISC has no initial 0x00, instead dhcpd has. This is
causing me problems in associating fixed-address to clients as the
initial zero is considered part of the ID itself. I have no problem in
modifying either program but I'd like to be sure of which is right.
Reading rfc2132 I think that the initial 0 is ok as the id is a
string.
Please help me clarify this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Marco

2. Shell v's PPP

3. Modifying dhcp options using omshell (ISC DHCP Implementation)

4. Prevent DHCP overwriting resolv.conf?

5. ISC DHCP server and Cisco proxy DHCP client feature...

6. Mount problems

7. DHCP Win 2000 client with ISC DHCP server

8. FreeBSD hates Midnight Commander

9. Insert a client class identifier into DHCP offer?

10. pump & dhcp client identifier

11. Insert a client class identifier into DHCP offer?

12. Using dhcp-client-identifier to get fixed IP address

13. ISC BIND/DHCP and Sco client