Trafic meassuring

Post by Christian Bjerr » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Problem: paying extra for foreign trafic and want to be able to measure
which IPs that use our linux router and by how much AND be able to tell the
difference between foreign and in this case danish trafic.

Have been looking at MRTG, but I'm not sure that the solution, or haven't
spent enough time infront of the computer  ;)
Chris

Trafic meassuring

Post by Curt » Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:00:00

ntop might give you a starting point

>Problem: paying extra for foreign trafic and want to be able to measure
>which IPs that use our linux router and by how much AND be able to tell the
>difference between foreign and in this case danish trafic.

>Have been looking at MRTG, but I'm not sure that the solution, or haven't
>spent enough time infront of the computer  ;)
>Chris

1. trafic limiter

Hi,

I have to write a project for my studies. It is supposed to be a kernel
module that allow you to limit maximal number of connections on your
computer (computer is supposed to be router or so). i.e durng insmod you
set the max number of connections for example 100 and if number of
connections reaches 100 then every next one should be rejected. if the
number of active connections is below 100 then you can connect. It is
something like limiting number of connections to the internet via your
router by a specific ip in your LAN.

I have some skills on linux device drivers but none at this subject. So
where should I start and how to do this? How to control the incoming and
outcoming connections from a linux box (in this case router). And finally
when I have the list of connections how to reject every next one?

regards,
Mario

2. Help: libc.so.4 not found

3. Detailed description of network trafic

4. Christmas Virus Warrning

5. Ethernet trafic?

6. crontab deleted!

7. Trafic shaper under Obsd 3.0?

8. StarOffice for Linux

9. Need advice on hardware setup for high-trafic site

10. Load Balancing Network Trafic?

11. Abnormal upload trafic

12. broadcast trafic and IPFilter

13. www and telnet trafic