squid proxy-server without DNS

Post by Stefan V?lke » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi there,

>i want to setup a proxy server for our network with not-routable
ip-addresses
>(192.168.100.XXX) - the proxy should only use a parent cache in another
>network. Since we have no DNS Server i'm searching for a way to disable the
>DNS lookups for squid.

you can disable the initial dns lookups by either starting squid with de
command line option -D or (im not sure if this works) by deleting all the
hosts squid tries to lookup in the squid.conf file.

cu

1. SQUID proxy-server question

I have installed the lastest squid-version (1.1.8)  on SCO Internet
Faststart and it works pretty well.
PS. Squid is a proxy-server (url:ftp://ftp.tem.nhl.nl/pub/unix/squid)

What I saw was an enormous overflow of streams. I raised the value of
NSTRPAGES (stune) to 2048 and had for at least 1 day only 1 mblock
overflow.

Raising the value of NSTRPAGES to 3072, there was again an enormous
overflow.

Do I need to change more stune paramaters, or is there something else
wrong.

System: Pentium 200 MHz with 132 Mb internal memory.
OS:     SCO OS internet faststart.

thanks for any reply,

Freerk J. Bosscha
N.H.L.
The Netherlands

2. XmTextField & foreign chars.

3. Squid don`t accept internal urls without dns suffix

4. kprobes for 2.5.30

5. ISP DNS Server and Proxy Server

6. Print (lpr) problem

7. Squid proxy server

8. Password Encryption

9. SCO FileDescriptors and SQUID Proxy server

10. Squid Proxy Server question ?

11. Help with configuring squid (aka proxy server) in transparent caching mode

12. Configuring a Squid Proxy server