Linux i PPP.

Post by Wojtek horoszkiewic » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Jestem BAAAAAARDZO poczatkujacy i mam pytanie: jak podlaczyc Linux`a do
Internetu?(prosze nie odsylac mnie do JTZ, z ktorego informacje, nie daja
sie zastosowac).

Linux i PPP.

Post by Vic » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Wojtek horoszkiewicz a crit dans le message

>Jestem BAAAAAARDZO poczatkujacy i mam pytanie: jak podlaczyc Linux`a do
>Internetu?(prosze nie odsylac mnie do JTZ, z ktorego informacje, nie daja
>sie zastosowac).

>--
>+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

>+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

the translation for those who don't understand polish is :

"I am VEEEEERY  beginer and my question is: how to conect Linux-controled
to Internet? (JTZ informations it is impossible to use) "

Thanks to Agi in Warsaw for this small job...
A solution can be:
Buy a modem, and set a PPP connection ...
Hope you're gonna get more information by Linux-gourous!
Vincent

Linux i PPP.

Post by Mikael Hakma » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Wojtek,

In English:

You will need some english in order to read documentation and news.

In Polish:

Bedzie ci potrzebny angelski do czytania dokumentacji i listow.

/Mikael

>Jestem BAAAAAARDZO poczatkujacy i mam pytanie: jak podlaczyc Linux`a do
>Internetu?(prosze nie odsylac mnie do JTZ, z ktorego informacje, nie daja
>sie zastosowac).

>--
>+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

>+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

1. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

I made a trick .. instead of using chat to connect PPP like was in the
books
(that for me doesn't work) I used dip (it's the one that is supposed to be
used with SLIP connections) .. I make a script for dip so it connects using
PPP, and everything goes fine till I connect... After I connect the host
where i'm connected is Okay and everything seems to be Okay. but when I do
I simple ping to my own IP (not localhost but my assigned fixed IP) it says
unable to reach host.. I think the hardest thing to setup in linux is PPP
:( .. geee...

I have the Slackware 3.0 stuff... and I feel like i'm a newbie.. :(

Is out there any better FAQs or How-TOs for the PPP connections ???

bye !

--
 _    ____ ____          _____________________________
| |  |    |  __|         Luis Aranguren Carvajal
| |  | || | |            http://www.ven.net/~pizzaman

|____|_||_|____|         _____________________________

2. Need IRC daemon for Linux

3. LINUX<(nullmodem)>Mac PPP connection; LINUX as PPP-server

4. Software Liceensing Packages

5. Samba on Linux, w4w, ppp based remote w4w services, and ppp on Linux

6. What goes in /opt? revisited (an answer!)

7. Slow linux ppp/fast 95 ppp

8. Please help.. very urgent...

9. PPP difficulties with win95 dialing to linux via ppp.

10. Windows NT 3.51 as PPP server and Linux PPP client

11. PPP into linux box causes diald to bring up PPP out as well

12. Help: Linux ppp to a NETCOM dial-in ppp

13. Win95's PPP <-> Linux PPP server?