Is there an in.rexecd for shadow password? rshd?

Is there an in.rexecd for shadow password? rshd?

Post by Timothy Fredri » Mon, 03 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I would like to use eXodus on a Macintosh to run a rooted window with
fvwm running off of a Linux (Slackware 2.3) system.   The preferred way
of communicating with the Unix window manager is by means of rexec.  I
enabled rexec in /etc/services but still cannot run fvwm from my Linux
machine.  I believe the problem is that shadow passwords don't accomodate
the distributed version of in.rexec.

Is there an in.rexecd program out that there that works with shadow password?
Does anyone have any other suggestions for getting this setup to work?

Thanks in advance.

  NCAR/ACD Unix Systems Administration