Setting Dip Server-HELP

Post by Jan Kov » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

I want  set my PC as a SLIP server, any1 can help me? I seek for some1 who
can help me make Dip script for that.

            Thanks
               Kovar Jan

1. Setting up SLIP server, Dip hangs. Pls. help.

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me with this problem.

I'm trying to set up Linux as a SLIP server, using the Net-2 howto as a
guide.  I've done everything as suggested, including creating a DIP-I file
to initiate the #dip -i command as a login shell.
  The problem occurs when this shell fires-up. I get this and the system hangs:

starting SLIP
dip: tty_set_disc(1): Invalid argument

 I've checked to see if there are any scripts that dip is trying to execute,
and could find none with the *.dip argument.  Am I missing something as simple
as a dip config file?

Thanks in advance for all responses,

Ted Fullerton

Research Associate
BRTS, Kent State University
Kent, Ohio  USA

2. Token Ring/Netmask Problem

3. Setting Up A Dynamic IP DIP Server

4. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

5. Problem with DIP in setting up SLIP server

6. 2.4 X86 on PS/2 95 anyone?

7. Problems setting up a SLIP-server using DIP

8. date

9. No server set...from DIP?

10. dip dip dip

11. dip says 'set HOSTNAME', but it's set

12. My hostname will not set; dip error "must set HOSTNAME first"

13. Help- problems using dip with $local set to an ip