telnet dial-in using win95

Post by tom » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a labtop running win95. I need to dial in to my linux box
and telnet. I have setup  agetty on a dial in line, which will
answer the phone and give a agetty loggin. the questions I have
are how do I dial in with win 95 and start a ppp session and
then fire up a telnet session?

--

telnet dial-in using win95

Post by M. Buchenried » Fri, 03 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I have a labtop running win95. I need to dial in to my linux box
>and telnet. I have setup  agetty on a dial in line, which will
>answer the phone and give a agetty loggin. the questions I have
>are how do I dial in with win 95 and start a ppp session and
>then fire up a telnet session?

Dont use agetty for this task. Install mgetty, set it up for
AutoPPP .

Michael

1. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

I'm having trouble getting dial-outs to work when dial-ins are
enabled.  I can dial out on /dev/cua1 when getty isn't running
on /dev/ttyS1, but when getty is running I get a message that
the port I'm trying to dial-out on (/dev/cua1) is in use.  I
read the FAQs and everything seems to be set up right.  What
am I doing wrong?

[I'm running SLS 1.02 (0.99pl9).]
--
Eric Dittman                  Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility

Disclaimer:  Not even my opinions.  I found them by the side of the road.

2. Starting Gnome *or* KDE from bash

3. Telnet: is there a way of editing JOT files using telnet on a win95 system.

4. slackware or redhat

5. Solaris dial-in ipd0 and Win95 default dial-up scp

6. How to get remote time and change system via Internet?

7. Trouble using same port for dial-in/dial-out

8. Unauthorized COLA FAQ Question

9. dial ins

10. PPP dial-ins refused, OSR-5 with net100

11. dial-in to linux from win95 dialup

12. Setting up firewall for dial-ins: How?

13. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins