pppoe

Post by Matthias Wulko » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:41:21

Hi,

well, where can I get good information about pppoe? I'd like to understand
the connection between ppp0 and pppoe on my external interface of my
server...

Thanks

M. W.

pppoe

Post by Spam Hat » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:06:20

Go here:
<http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=linux+pppoe>

Find this:
<http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/>

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:41:21 +0100, "Matthias Wulkow"

>Hi,

>well, where can I get good information about pppoe? I'd like to understand
>the connection between ppp0 and pppoe on my external interface of my
>server...

>Thanks

>M. W.

1. RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7) problem, please help.

Hello,

I have a problem in RH8.0 bundled rp-pppoe (rp-pppoe-3.4-7), please
help.

I am setting up linux server as NAT, which share t he internet
connection to the client PCs at home. I was using RH7.2 before and
there is no problem at all. My problem in RH8.0 is that: I setup
rp-pppoe (ifup ppp0) to run at startup of the machine. Basically, it
starts up without any problem at all. But, it never runs
/etc/ppp/ip-up. Which means that the ip masquerading process didn't
bring up at all. What I have to is to ssh to the server everytime
after the server boots up and run /etc/ppp/ip-up manually, before my
clients can use the internet connect. I realized that the
configurations files are quite different from the one that I was using
in 7.2, e.g it doesn't use /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf anymore, instated it
put all the information in
/etc/ppp/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0.

Anybody can give me some suggestions ?
Thanks
Bosco

2. MatriceW3System (Apache-based, mySQL backed web solution)

3. rp-pppoe 3.1 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

4. Don't waste your time unless you want to change your life

5. rp-pppoe 3.3 -- Robust PPPoE client for Linux, NetBSD, and Solaris

6. gcc linux

7. Non-PPPoE socket with PPPoE link up ?

8. Netscape 1.1 Pauses XServer

9. PPPoE, FreeBSD and multply (default) pppoe servers

10. PPPoE Server; Linux ; PPPd; Radius; PPPoE Server

11. SuSE 7.3 kernel pppoe vs. rp-pppoe

12. rp-pppoe 3.2 -- Robust PPPoE suite for Linux

13. pppoe + sk_run_filter