RH 6.1 w/ 3COM Etherlink III (3c509) Problem

RH 6.1 w/ 3COM Etherlink III (3c509) Problem

Post by vulture ma » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I recently loaded RedHat 6.1 and then added a 3COM 3c509 etherlink III
card to the system. I went through both the gnome kernel config and
network config utilities to setup the interface. I have a cable modem it
is connecting to.

I can't ping my gateway, or do anything else for that matter. The cable
modem activity light comes on whenever I ping. I did an "ifconfig" and
it is shoing all IP configurations correct for eth0, no errors and
showing both TX & RX packets counting up. It appears to me that the
packets are going out, I'm getting responses, but linux is not
recognizing the return packet.

I've rechecked all the configurations and everything appears to be
correct. I even had someone ping me and I see activity lights on the
cable modem and using "ifconfig" I can see the RX packet count going up,
he just times out since nothing comes back to him.

Has anyone else had similar problems or no other things I might try?

Thanks in advance
Jeff

RH 6.1 w/ 3COM Etherlink III (3c509) Problem

Post by Strooka AC » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

maybe your cablemodem is crashed... did you try to turn the power off?

> I recently loaded RedHat 6.1 and then added a 3COM 3c509 etherlink III
> card to the system. I went through both the gnome kernel config and
> network config utilities to setup the interface. I have a cable modem it
> is connecting to.

> I can't ping my gateway, or do anything else for that matter. The cable
> modem activity light comes on whenever I ping. I did an "ifconfig" and
> it is shoing all IP configurations correct for eth0, no errors and
> showing both TX & RX packets counting up. It appears to me that the
> packets are going out, I'm getting responses, but linux is not
> recognizing the return packet.

> I've rechecked all the configurations and everything appears to be
> correct. I even had someone ping me and I see activity lights on the
> cable modem and using "ifconfig" I can see the RX packet count going up,
> he just times out since nothing comes back to him.

> Has anyone else had similar problems or no other things I might try?

> Thanks in advance
> Jeff

1. Problems adding network card 3COM EtherLink III (3C509)

After adding the network card 3COM (3C50) in the system (mkdev =

e3E and mkdev tcp). When trying telnet from another machine, i receive =

the following message in the console:

        WARNING: Soreceive: unexpected T_primitive 0

and i don't comunicate with telnet.

Thanks in advance.

                                                F=E9lix Pablo Grande Ramos
                                                Matrici S. Coop.

2. EtherExpress, SBAWE32PnP, Adaptec 1542 Problems...

3. 3COM 3c509 (Etherlink III) problems under Debian 2.0.27

4. DNS: What file to edit????

5. 3com Etherlink III NIC not working - Redhat 6.1 install

6. cpufreq: fix compilation, name of gx-suspmod driver

7. 3Com 3c509 (Etherlink III) drivers

8. KPPP Works, IFUP Doesn't

9. 3Com Etherlink III (3c509)-- TP bug?

10. 3com 3c509 Etherlink III Drivers

11. ISA 3Com EtherLink III 3C509 and Compaq DeskPro 2000

12. 3Com Etherlink III 3C509 and Plug and play module.

13. 3Com Etherlink III - 3c509