Help: nfs and mount on linux

Post by Petros Falouts » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

        Hi all,

        We are having problems when mounting linux (ext2) paritions
        between similar linux machines. We get the message:
        "wrong type of fs or bad superblock on ...".

        We get the same message when trying to mount solaris partitions
        on linux machines.

        Strangely enough some of our linux and solaris disks
        are mounted without problems on linux machines. We haven't
        been able to figure what causes this ...selective behaviour
        of the mount problem.

        Thanks for any help,

        petros
Petros Faloutsos

http://www.dgp.toronto.edu/people/pfal/pfal.html
tel.: 978-5182 (Office)
      978-1531 (DGP lab)
fax: 978-5184

1. /var/mail: to NFS mount or not to NFS mount?

... that is the question.

Assuming a homogenous Sun/Solaris environment, what are
people's opinions of NFS mounting /var/mail on workstations,
as opposed to using IMAP to read one's email.  Assume that
all workstations are on the same LAN.

How scalable is either solution?

TIA,

--
Rich Teer

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

2. sys date in file name

3. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

4. WD 7193-PCI-SCSI Driver?

5. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

6. unable to ping/ssh w/ fedora

7. HELP: NFS MOUNT through mount( ) syscall

8. Authentication

9. HELP NFS permission denied on NFS mount point

10. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.

11. trouble mount nfs share from linux nfs server, protocol not supported

12. NFS mount from Linux NFS server

13. NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.