Sendmail and Return Receipts

Post by Dhiraj Gupt » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

We are running Sendmail on our Linux Box.

When we try to send mail with 'Return Receipt', we get the following
message :

Your SMTP server does not support the return receipt function
so your message will be sent without the return receipt request.

Is there something that I need to set in my sendmail.cf to get this to
work ?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj

:
:When we try to send mail with 'Return Receipt', we get the following
:message :
:
:Your SMTP server does not support the return receipt function
:so your message will be sent without the return receipt request.
:
:Is there something that I need to set in my sendmail.cf to get this to
:work ?

What mail reader are you using?  Return receipt is still a very
implementation-specific kind of thing -- there's no general or
terribly standard way to do it.

--

 InterNIC WHOIS: MJO | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481

1. Return Receipt with sendmail

I am wondering how I set up 1 or 2 user accounts that any mail sent from
these accounts automatically includes a return receipt (Is this even
supported under FreeBSD)

Also, I know that you can use a .forward file to automatically forward a
users mail, but is there a way to also automatically send a copy of all
incoming mail to another account?

Thanks,
Chris Young

2. Apache problem: Not enough space: couldn't spawn child process

3. sendmail return-receipt-to weirdness

4. openwin

5. Return receipt with sendmail.

6. sound card problem

7. Requesting return receipts on emails

8. Fake Oakley Sunglasses!

9. unix mail return receipt

10. Return Receipt Request-How To?

11. how to deny reply to return-receipt request ?

12. return receipt

13. Return Receipt .. spam