Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection and Domain Forwarding

Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection and Domain Forwarding

Post by Ajay » Mon, 29 May 2006 01:42:27

Hi Everybody!!

I am a bit confused between Parked Domains, Aliases, Domain Redirection
and Domain Forwarding. Plz tell me what are the similarities and
differences between them.

Thanks in advance
apug

1. NIS+ Sub-Domain client: should it be a member of the master domain AND sub-domain?

Hello,

Our NIS+ sub-domain clients are still appearing as members of the
master domain. Is this correct? I thought when the sub-domain was
created the clients on it would no longer belong to the master domain.
This means sub-domain clients can be addressed as either
'machine1.subdomain.masterdomain.ac.uk' and
'machine1.masterdomain.ac.uk' which is not what we want.

TIA,

Matt

-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Remove *'s for my real E-Mail =-=-=-=-

2. MOL problems on Linuxpcc 2000

3. Domain Problems - Someone else is aliased against my domain

4. Slackware doesn't fit!?

5. converting fake domain to PPP domain (mod_rewrite)?

6. All fonts changed to LEDFIXED 12!

7. Domains and sub domains?

8. Coach Booking 17 Aug 2001

9. pptp - obsd2.9 to nt domain, come in nt domain, over

10. MX list for foo.com.my.domain points back to my.domain?

11. Sendmail and host.domain.com instead of domain.com

12. Sendmail and header rewriting joe@mail.domain.com to joe@domain.com

13. Virtual Domain/Sub Domain?