How to interface a front-end to a MTA?

Post by no.top.p.. » Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:57:55

I've got a nice front-end which I've been using for
years, to access the Inet via a moden and my ISP.
Because of email SendAuthorisation problems, at
the ISP side, I want to 'route' via a linux MTA.

> The tunnel works well now and is described here.
>     http://carnot.yi.org/NetworksPage.html

OK I fetched that with the 2 substantial daigrams,
but it details mostly just the 'configuration' for
someone who already knows the principles.

At this stage I lack basic knowledge of networks.
Eg. my idea of setting Oberon.Text to replace the
<smtp.URL> which was designed for a RS232 -> modem
output, is simplistically absurd.

AFAIK, on *nix machines any one IP-port can communicate
with any other active one, if the configuration allows?
And the ISO-stack allows an application to 'communicate'
down to the 'IP-port' level.

So, for ETHO to communicate with the MTA, the ETHO
application would need to communicate with the ISO-stack.

But LEO currently only talks with the modem, and
only at the ISP is tcp/ip interfaced?

OTOH if I used a network-card, the appropriate ETHO
facility [and presumably also for LEO] would communicate
in tcp/ip ONLY at the output of the card.

That's not what I need, for LEO to communicate with
the *nix MTA.

Apparently ETHO-VNC is related to this matter,
because that also communicates INTERNALLY [on the one
same machine] from ETHO to some port/s via tcp/ip?

I want to understand the higher-level theory before I start
'just editing config files'.

Thanks,

== Chris Glur

1. Netscape front-end for end-users

I am building my own web site for private use, and I would like to give
to the end users only the ability to browse the site and to do nothing
else more ( e.g. to be not able to use File, Edit, View, Tools, ...
menus from Netscape ) and I would like that the opened session ( KDE
under
Linux RH6.1 ) give access to only netscape and nothing else ( I want
that the
user not able to kill Nestcape, or if he does so, Netscape re-run again,
not
able to iconify netscape, ...)

Please anyone is able to answer the above two questions, or at least
could
anyone give me some indications or forum or mailing lists.
Daniel Exbrayat - 20, rue de la Gare - 92320 CHATILLON

  daniel.exbrayat.vcf
< 1K Download

2. apache config error ./helpers/TestCompile: make: not found

3. Proxy Bad Gateway (502) Errors between front-end ssl and back-end mod_perl server!

4. Newsgroup server send error message at client ???

5. DNS Interface or Front end?

6. MLPPP on Linux - available ?

7. terminal library for front end command line text user interface

8. umacs and ^v under solaris

9. Wanted: Friendly front-end for tar

10. Q: CDRecord front-end with hfs support

11. How can I setup failover with FreeBSD as front-end to windows servers???

12. ppp front-end

13. front-end prg. for tape back/restore