How do I configure a modem through a Keyspan USB to Serial port adapter

How do I configure a modem through a Keyspan USB to Serial port adapter

Post by General Schvantzkop » Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:21:16

I have a new notebook with no serial ports and a useless winmodem. I have
a Keyspan USB to Serial converter which according to the kernel notes is
supported. How do I configure an external modem using the USB to serial
converter on Fedora Core 2?

Post by Paul Lutu » Wed, 08 Sep 2004 05:32:22

> I have a new notebook with no serial ports and a useless winmodem. I have
> a Keyspan USB to Serial converter which according to the kernel notes is
> supported. How do I configure an external modem using the USB to serial
> converter on Fedora Core 2?

Forget it. The Keyspan USB converter is not a real RS232 interface, and it
cannot cope with data rates above a crawl. I have the same unit, and I have
done extensive testing.

Buy a serial modem.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

Post by General Schvantzkop » Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:01:55

> I have a new notebook with no serial ports and a useless winmodem. I have
> a Keyspan USB to Serial converter which according to the kernel notes is
> supported. How do I configure an external modem using the USB to serial
> converter on Fedora Core 2?

I got it working, it's trivial. The device is /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 use that
instead of the choices that the modem control panel presents you and
everything works.

1. KeySpan Twin USB-Serial adapter on Linux?

Hi all,
   I have a G4/450 with an RS232 US Robitics Sportster hooked up to it
through a KeySpan Twin USB-to-Serial adapter. Is there any way I can use
devices hooked up through that adapter in Yellowdog Linux?

Thanks.

-- Dan

 www.Dionysia.org/~dionysos/
 PGP Public Key: /~dionysos/pgp.html

2. Gnome installation: gdk-pixbuf/libbonoboui conflict

3. Driver for Keyspan USB twin serial adapter (USB28)

4. Postscript to Ascii

5. Problem using USB to Serial adapter(GUC232A) for a serial modem

6. Latest binary drivers (3.2.5) freeze my system when 3D applications are started - suggestions?

7. Keyspan USB adapter

8. How to add sendmail.8.10.1 and delete sendmail.8.9

9. Keyspan USB/Serial Drivers for 2.4.20/2.4.21-pre4

10. system crash with keyspan usb to serial converter

11. keyspan usb serial

12. How to get Keyspan USB to serial converter working?