ncftp V2.0.4 problem

Post by Stephen Davie » Thu, 27 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Has anybody got ncftp V2.0.4 to run under Linux?

Which libraries did you use?

If I make it "out of the box", I get:
/usr/lib/libresolv.a(gethnamaddr.o): Undefined symbol _inet_aton referenced
from
 text segment
/usr/lib/libresolv.a(gethnamaddr.o): Undefined symbol _inet_aton referenced
from
 text segment
/usr/lib/libresolv.a(res_init.o): Undefined symbol _inet_aton referenced from
te
xt segment
/usr/lib/libresolv.a(res_init.o): Undefined symbol _inet_aton referenced from
te
xt segment
/usr/lib/libresolv.a(res_init.o): Undefined symbol _inet_aton referenced from
te
xt segment

If I remove libresolv.a from the library list, I get a segmentation fault at
execution.

tia,
Stephen.

Adelaide, South Australia.                           Voice: 61-8-2728863
Computing & Network solutions.                       Fax  : 61-8-2741015

ncftp V2.0.4 problem

Post by Mr Pi » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

: Has anybody got ncftp V2.0.4 to run under Linux?

: Which libraries did you use?

: If I make it "out of the box", I get:

i got it to compile pretty much out of the box, i dont recall
making many radical changes to anything.

i am using
libc.4.6.27
ncurses-1.90
kernel v1.2.6

one problem i did experience, was that the first few times i ran it,
it just sat around for ages, before it started.  but it worked fine
after a reboot.

--

"Why should i be frightened of dying?  Theres no reason for it.
 You've got to go sometime."  - TGGITS

ncftp V2.0.4 problem

Post by Mr Pi » Fri, 05 May 1995 04:00:00

sorry, also meant to say, that in the Makefile, it links with:
termnet, nsl, ncurses.

--

"Why should i be frightened of dying?  Theres no reason for it.
 You've got to go sometime."  - TGGITS

1. Mosaic and the new Term (v2.0.4)

I was wondering if anyone has compiled xmosaic with the latest
term libraries?  I would like to get a version of xmosaic that
first checks locally for the http host, and then only goes
through term if it can't resolve it locally.

I grabbed the latest mosaic that someone put on
  sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/Incoming
but you have to specify via the commandline (or command)
to use term, and then you can't get connect to your
local httpd.

Could you please reply to me directly (along as to the news
group for any others interested).  I don't get to read the
newsgroup very often lately, due to an injury.

Thanks for any replies.
-Tracey

--

Department of Computer Science -- College of W&M, est. 1693

2. hi i found these security breach faqs READ THEM NOW especially REDHAT users

3. trouble compiling ftape1.09 with v2.0.4 kernel

4. Strange problem with redhat 7.2 on sony vaio fxa36

5. performance problems - os5.0.4, Adaptec2940 and DAT

6. PPP + Radius

7. problem creating root and boot floppies on 3.2v5.0.4 system

8. FTP problems for guest users.

9. problem compiling xdos 0.4

10. Problems installing Free OS5.0.4

11. tk8.0.4 compilation problem on HP-UX 10.20

12. Problems with freeWAIS 0.4 on Linux 1.1.84

13. Pre2.0.4 Problems