GigE Driver Testing

Post by Srinivas Murth » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:55:34

Folks,

    We're developing a linux 2.6.x GigE driver for a new chip with an
integrated MAC and need to develop a diagnostics/test interface to verify
the GiGE interface (this would include low-level Ethernet MAC tests).

    We're considering the use of the POSIX interface (through both sockets
for io and ioctl() for more specialized testing such as injecting error
frames, etc.).

    Are you guys aware of freely available test suites in linux intended for
GiGE testing out there? Any suggestions for the testing methodologies that
would be most expedient?

Thanks much in advance.

Regards,
_Srinivas