1. pppd says can't locate modules net-pf-4 and net-pf-5
I'm pretty much new to setting up Linux so bear with me. I've just
recompiled the 2.0.32 kernel and everything works, so I decide to setup
PPP, after reading through the multiple HOW-TO's, I think everything is
setup correctly. When I try to run my pppd script to connect to my isp,
/var/log/messages reports (also on bootup) that modprobe: can't locate
module net-pf-4 and net-pf-5. I'm not sure if that's related to the fact
that I can't establish a PPP connection. The modem (ISDN, Motorola
Bitsurfer Pro) dials and connects, but sits there and then disconnects.
My ISP is using PAP. Unfortunately for the time being, I've had to resort
to using Win95 with Wingate.
my options file has the following:
'chat -f /etc/ppp/chat.scr'
name <my username>
ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ''
atdt<isp phone#>&2 ''
'' ogin:--ogin: <my username>
word: <my password>
Thanks for any help possible.
--- <A HREF="http://weber.u.washington.edu/~link"> Optik Nirvana </A> ---
Rennie's Law of Public Transit: If you start walking, the bus comes
when you are halfway between stops.
--- NewSIG 2.01 47/266 ---
2. clearing getty
3. What the hell is net-pf-4 and net-pf-5 ?
4. The Microsoft penalty that isn't
5. error : module net-pf-4 and net-pf-5 not found????
6. Perl patchcheck script
7. Strange modprobe error messages for net-pf-4/net-pf-5
8. NIS+ maps
9. RH5.2: modprobe says cannot find net-pf-4, net-pf-5, etc
10. Hint wanted for missing NET-PF-4 and NET-PF-5 modules
11. net-pf-4 & net-pf-5 when booting system ...
12. HELP: can not load module net-pf-4 and net-pf-5
13. modules (net-pf-4 & net-pf-5)