?Linksys USB100TX / Mandrake 8.0 / IBM Thinkpad i1451?

?Linksys USB100TX / Mandrake 8.0 / IBM Thinkpad i1451?

Post by Reuben Ayr » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 07:22:19

can anyone tell me helpful steps to getting a linksys usb100tx network
adapter to work under mandrake 8.0 (running on an IBM thinkpad
i1451-2611 if that's useful info for anyone)?

according to linux-usb.org it's supposed to use the pegasus driver...

i have compiled Usb support w/ that particular driver into the kernel,
but
mandrake control center freezes when i try to activate usb support or
get
info on usb devices, and i don't know how to manually activate usb
devices??

i'm also a little rusty on manually setting up ethernet adapters...

any help appreciated...
thanks
-reuben

?Linksys USB100TX / Mandrake 8.0 / IBM Thinkpad i1451?

Post by 3F » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 10:04:07

Quote:> can anyone tell me helpful steps to getting a linksys usb100tx network
> adapter to work under mandrake 8.0 (running on an IBM thinkpad
> i1451-2611 if that's useful info for anyone)?

> according to linux-usb.org it's supposed to use the pegasus driver...

> i have compiled Usb support w/ that particular driver into the kernel,
> but
> mandrake control center freezes when i try to activate usb support or
> get
> info on usb devices, and i don't know how to manually activate usb
> devices??

> i'm also a little rusty on manually setting up ethernet adapters...

> any help appreciated...

Not much help, but peruse the contents of /proc.  Don't know if
warnings re: irq's are relevant (how does usb work?  maybe there's a
usb howto by now?).

There's usually great and specific documentation under /usr/src/linux
if you have kernel-sources installed.

     TopQuark Software & Serv.  Contract programmer, server bum.

1. ?linksys USB100TX / Mandrake 8.0?

can anyone tell me helpful steps to getting a linksys usb100tx network
adapter to work under mandrake 8.0?

according to linux-usb.org it's supposed to use the pegasus driver...

i have compiled Usb support w/ that particular driver into the kernel, but
mandrake control center freezes when i try to activate usb support or get
info on usb devices, and i don't know how to manually activate usb
devices??

i'm also a little rusty on manually setting up ethernet adapters...

any help appreciated...
thanks
-reuben

2. Linux as novell fileserver?

3. Mandrake 8.0 and IBM thinkpad A21e

4. Run Away scsi_eh_1 , Load was still climbing .

5. Mouse won't work in Mandrake 8.0 on IBM Thinkpad A20m

6. What to advocate?

7. Installing Mandrake 8.0 onto IBM ThinkPad T21 Notebook

8. dd and file size limit

9. Connecting to @Home (via linksys PCMCIA -> Linksys BEFSR41) (Mandrake 8.0)

10. Help with Linksys USB100TX ethernet adapter

11. How connect to internet (Linux RH7.1 / LinkSys USB100TX /CyberSerfr Wave)

12. Help, Rogers@Home Linux RH7.1 + LinkSys USB100TX + CyberSerfr Wave

13. Linksys PCMCIA card on IBM ThinkPad 770 + Debian 2.2