[ Can't get the second NIC to work... }

Post by Douglas M. Pervin » Fri, 30 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi..

  I have a RH6.2 (kernel-2.2.14-61) server up and running with one
NIC.    I've added another one and when the system boots there is no
conflicts or problems..     At*I gave the second NIC the same IP
address as the*NIC.   My RH server is also a DHCP and SAMBA/PDC
server..    The client fails to get an IP address from the server
that is on the second NIC.   Thus the Samba log-on fails also.  I've
tried giving the second NIC a different IP address.    I've tried
giving the client a static IP address....    Nothing seems to work..

  When I do the 'ifconfig' command I get a good response..   It tells
me eth0 and eth1 are up with good status..    This problem is a
killer..    If anyone could possibly help me, I'd greatly appreciate
it..

Thanks!
Doug

1. trouble getting two NIC's to work together

Machine spec's:
Intel 486DX2 66
32 MB RAM

(2) CNET 650E NIC's
   a) 0x300 - irq=10
   b) 0x300 - irq=11

Distribution - RedHat 5.1

conf.modules   (contents)

alias eth0 ne
options ne io= 0x300 irq=10

alias eth1 ne
options ne io=0x320 irq=11

card one - hostname 'lts.project.com' - ip = 195.50.25.1
card two - hostname [left blank]         - ip = 175.50.25.1

Having a problem getting two NIC's to initialize. I finally got Linux
to see the cards but it reports that it is delaying initializing them.

2. Help with Apache on Linux!

3. need help getting second nic to work

4. my localhost changed!

5. Problems getting second NIC working

6. Apache 1.2.0 SSI oddity

7. HELP: I can't get my two 3com NIC's working simulataneously

8. can't get network to work, help!!

9. two IP's on one machine using two differnet NIC's

10. unable to get two ne2000 nic's to work in 5.1

11. 2 NIC's: Disabled second but it still works?!

12. Getting two wireless AP's to work together for laptop and linux workstation

13. Forwarding of multicast packets between two subnets with two NICS - Does not work