Register cisco router hostname in windows 2003 server DNS record

Register cisco router hostname in windows 2003 server DNS record

Post by Perditio » Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:52:15

I've been able to lookup dns names with domain-name and name-server
just fine, but when i checked the DNS records on the server i didn't
see the ip of the router. Is there a way that i can make the router
work as a workstation as far as DNS is concerned, so that it publicises
the hostname or any other string of my choice at the dns server?

Thanks alot for any help and thought,
Michael

1. Help plz: howto make linux register its hostname with a windows NT DNS server

How do I setup linux to register itself with a windows nt DNS server.
The goal here is I want to ping/telnet/ftp to the box by NAME and not by IP,
and its not feasible to modify the hosts file of everyone who wants to
connect to the box.

My linux box can ping any machine by ip or name.
Any windows box can ping the linux box by ip but NOT by name.

2. Undetected Video Card error

3. Redhat 9.0 dhcp client & windows 2003 dhcp server: dynamic dns update

4. PCI Multiport serial board

5. Linux thin client connecting to Windows 2003 terminal server

6. loopback device in 2.4.16

7. Installing Windows 2003 Server (as we speak)

8. canon bjc-250

9. java on windows server 2003

10. SMB & Windows 2003 server

11. WINDOWS 2003 VPN SERVER BEHIND LINUX GATEWAY

12. Solaris LDAP and Windows 2003 Server

13. Print from Solaris to Windows 2003 Print Server