NFS: rpc.nfsd -> nfssvc

Post by Joerg Sieb » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

HI,

I wanted to install NFS, but when I start rpc.nfsd (after portmap and
rpc.mountd) an error occurs: "nfssvc: Function not implemented".

OK, I _checked_DEJA_ and found only proposals to recompile the kernel with
NFS-server-support, but I already have anything you need (also that with
"development and/or incomplete code/drivers").

My question:  Do you have any other hints for me.

System: 2.2.16

Kernel: <*> NFS filesystem support
        [*]    NFS Version 3 filesystem support
        <*> NFS server support
        [*]    NFS Version 3 server support (EXPERIMENTAL)

Hope you can help me ...

Cu
Joerg

--

University of Technology Chemnitz | http: www.westernjoe.de

1. rpc.nfsd - 'nfssvc function not implemented' error

Hi!
I'm running RH7.2 with a kernel 2.4.18 I compiled myself.
I've compiled the kernel with support for nfs (both as module and
compiled into the kernel), but trying to run the nfs daemon (rpc.nfsd)
results in:

nfssvc: function not implemented.

Most other nfs daemons (portmap,rquota etc) work.

Any ideas?
Could it have to do with the fact the kernel is a 'clean' kernel without
any of the RedHat custom patches?

TIA,
Gad

2. info. about a user !

3. rpc.nfsd: nfssvc: Function not implemented

4. RPC/XDR libraries not found

5. rpc.nfsd - 'nfssvc function not implemented' error

6. Lilo - problem with large IDE disk

7. Unable to start rpc.nfsd (nfssvc not implemented)

8. Stealth II driver released by XIG

9. rpc.mountd: getfh failed: Operation not permitted ( WinNT -> samba -> Linux -> NFS -> Solaris)

10. textedit->rpc.nfsd->Filesystem-full

11. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

12. Where are rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?

13. Dangers of rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd