Question of dialup under linux

Post by Hui J » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi, I am a newbie of linux. Now I am using Mandrake 7.1 in my
campaq box. My modem is lucent modem and I tryed to install the
driver and fortunately it works when I use minicom to connect to
my isp. Now I can use telnet under minicom.

The problem is I still couldn't use telnet or ftp under normal
xterm or use netscape to connect to web site. There is always
a error like: no internet connection. Then I tryed to use Kppp
or Gppp, but always got error message like: pppd daemon died

anybody like to help me to solve it?

Thanks

Hui

1. Question of dialup under linux

Hi, I am a newbie of linux. Now I am using Mandrake 7.1 in my
campaq box. My modem is lucent modem and I tryed to install the
driver and fortunately it works when I use minicom to connect to
my isp. Now I can use telnet under minicom.

The problem is I still couldn't use telnet or ftp under normal
xterm or use netscape to connect to web site. There is always
a error like: no internet connection. Then I tryed to use Kppp
or Gppp, but always got error message like: pppd daemon died

anybody like to help me to solve it?

thx

2. Can I shift screen image by editing mode timings?

3. NT and Linux PPP dialup bps rate questions

4. Apache & ASP

5. Sample firewall/masq rules for dialup and non-dialup posted (ipfwadm only)

6. Q: "On Holiday" auto reply?

7. Can someone answer some question on setting up a small home lan and dialup internet access

8. expired accounts

9. auto dialup question

10. Modem Dialup Question

11. question concerning ppp dialup, chap, and adding routes

12. RH 6.1 & Internet dialup question

13. Newbie Question Re: PPP dialup