web camera support for linux?

Post by Martin Dudl » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

hi there

is there a setting available for linux that allows you to run a web
camera? what hardware and software does it require?

thanks for any hints!

-martin

Post by Christian Gottschlin » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> hi there

> is there a setting available for linux that allows you to run a web
> camera? what hardware and software does it require?

> thanks for any hints!

> -martin

Have a look on www.connectix.com
They have a small camera that is connected to the parallel-port. Look
out there for the link to Third-Party software. There are a lot of
drivers for this quickcam. We use it sometimes and we like it.

--
Christian Gottschling           Datenverwurstungszentrale Juelich
... I'm sitting here all day, randomly pressing keys ...

Post by Dieter Brueggema » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

: is there a setting available for linux that allows you to run a web
: camera? what hardware and software does it require?

: thanks for any hints!

ftp://ftp.rwii.com/pub/linux/system/Meteor/

bye Dieter
--

              snail: Dieter Brueggemann Preystr. 4 22303 Hamburg