Multilink PPP? (RFC 1990)

Post by Chris A. Epl » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Are there any PPP drivers out there that support Multilink PPP per RFC 1990?
It would seem that it would be possible to get a multichannel modem
connection going if this were implemented...  IE: Have 2 modems (/dev/cua0
and /dev/cua1) and be able to establish a multilink PPP connection by
dialing out on both to the same dial-up router..

I realize that there is 'EQL' support, but that is NOT what I'm refering to
here.  As far as I know, the EQL support is rather proprietary and not
implemented in a large established base of dialup routers (besides the
portmasters) whereas MP/MPP >IS<.

Chris A. Epler - ESInet System Admin - (804) 974-7308

Multilink PPP? (RFC 1990)

Post by David C.W. Ch » Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Is this EISA ethernet card compatible with Linux? I can't seem to get it
detected by 2.0 kernel.
--
To Reply, remove '*'s from reply address.

--
"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer
 meets the definition of a telephone fax machine.

 By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited
 adverti*t to such equipment.

 By Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section
 is punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
 whichever is greater, for EACH violation."