Linux logging onto a Novell server

Post by Dave Yate » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to get the Novell Client equivilent for linux? so users
can logon to a novell server via Linux? hope someoen can help

Dave Yates, Birmingham UK

Linux logging onto a Novell server

Post by Lew Pitch » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know how to get the Novell Client equivilent for linux? so users
>can logon to a novell server via Linux? hope someoen can help

You will need the ipx kernel module and the ncpfs package available at
ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/ncpfs/

Follow the instructions in the IPX-HOWTO (should be available in
softcopy on your system, but is available at the Linux Documentation
Project at http://www.linuxdoc.org/ ) and the README and README.NDS
doc in the ncpfs source directory.

I use it so that I can bridge our Novell NDS lan to our LANMAN lan
through our Slackware Linux 7.0 (kernel 2.2.13) box.

Lew Pitcher
Information Technology Consultant
Toronto Dominion Bank Financial Group

1. Problems logging onto Linux Server

I am running Redhat 6 at my home. I have trouble logging into that server
from my office. I use a point to point script (start-pppoe) in order to get
the PC into the network and have an IP address allocated to it (through
DHCP). I use the same IP address from my office and telnet to it. When I do
this, I see the linux login information header come up on my xterm, but the
login prompt would not appear. In theory, I am able to connect, but not
login to the linux machine. Can someone give me some suggestion to this end.

The system in my office is an HPUX (10.2).

PV

2. "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" w/ pppd 2.1 p2

3. HELP: Can't print onto Novell server

4. Sendmail w/ DNS Problem

5. HELP: Can print onto Novell server

6. help

7. Dialling in with Novell MPR onto Red Hat Linux PPP

8. Machine refuses to be nslookuped..

9. Logging onto Redhat PPP Server ??

10. Solaris 2.7 NIS client cannot log onto RHL62 NIS server

11. Can't log onto Server - Why?

12. Logging onto a Netware Server

13. logging onto Windows NT server