NFS wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, etc

NFS wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, etc

Post by John Eberhard » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

When I try to mount a TCPware VMS NFS export, I get this message:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
server.domain.com:/mnt/mountpoint,
or too many mounted file systems . "
I have an NT box running Intergraph NFS that can successfully mount this
export.
I can also mount the NT NFS export with the Caldera
2.2 Linux box using the same mount command syntax.
Anyone get this message and get it to work?

Thanks,

John Eberhardt

Post by einar.. » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> When I try to mount a TCPware VMS NFS export, I get this message:
> "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
> server.domain.com:/mnt/mountpoint,
> or too many mounted file systems . "
> I have an NT box running Intergraph NFS that can successfully mount
this
> export.
> I can also mount the NT NFS export with the Caldera
> 2.2 Linux box using the same mount command syntax.
> Anyone get this message and get it to work?

> Thanks,

> John Eberhardt

Don't know if this helps, but I had a similar problem mounting linux
exports on an SGI O2 (IRIX) about a year back. The problem turned out be
a misreported version mismatch, so you might want to try including
nfsversion or nfsver or vers or whatever the version option is called
nowadays  = 2in your fstab.

Cheers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,

Experts

There once was a system administrator (not me) who made an unknown file
system on a disk. The disk is rather old, IBM 8.4 GB, and the fdisk
listing looks like:

Disk /dev/hdc (Sun disk label): 10 heads, 320 sectors, 11199 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 3200 * 512 bytes
   Device Flag    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hdc1             0     11167  17867200   83  Linux native
/dev/hdc2  u      11167     11199     51200   82  Linux swap
/dev/hdc3             0     11199  17918400    5  Whole disk

Anyway, with df, I saw the right amount of available space (8.3 MB
something), so I didn't care and copied some GB with important data on
it. Now I upgradet my version to RH-7.1, and what happens?

mount -o ro,ufstype=sun -t ufs /dev/hdc1 /mnt/private/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

In fact, I tried all systems, including ext2, and nothing is working. I
would really appreciate appropriate help here. Hopefully, I gave you all
the necessary information, otherwise you have to tell me. Thanks in
advance,

Till

2. Reading XENIX FS on Linux

3. 'wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/hdb1'

4. problems with installation of redhat 6.2

5. Help wanted: mount: wrong fs type or bad superblock

6. Solaris 9 available for download

7. wrong fs/bad superblock..help!

8. App errors - main arena

9. wrong fs/bad superblock..huh?

10. bad partition on good disk won't mount or fsck (bad magic number/superblock)

11. Bad Superblock -> Bad Magic Number ->Segmentation fault?

12. growfs says: Bad superblock; wrong magic number

13. 014 Bad Bad Bad !!! for Linux